Bourgade Catholic – Phoenix

4602 N. 31st Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85017

http://www.bourgadecatholic.org/

Phone: (602) 973-4000
Fax: (602) 973-5854

Established: 1962

Enrollment: 382/Coed

Curriculum: College Preparatory

Leadership: Javier Bravo, Principal

Mission Statement: We are a college preparatory high school that educates the hearts and minds of students in the Catholic tradition and in partnership with families to be servant leaders and stewards of the Gospel.

College

  • Bourgade Catholic offers a unique Spanish Heritage Program, Modeling Method of Science Instruction and technology enhanced Personalized Learning, including a 1:1 Chromebook learning environment to prepare students for success in college.
  • College preparatory curriculum includes Honors, Advanced Placement, and Dual Enrollment courses through Grand Canyon University, Seton Hill University and University of Mary, Tempe.
  • 100% of Bourgade Catholic students graduate: 99% go on to higher education and the remaining 1% delay their higher education to proudly enter military service.
  • In the past three years, Bourgade Catholic’s 284 graduates were accepted into 325 different colleges and universities in the U.S. and Europe and were awarded $40 million in merit scholarships.

Community

  • The Bourgade Catholic student body generously performed over 27,000 hours of community service during the 2015-16 school year.
  • Thriving International Student Program
  • The Bourgade Catholic Student Council is the only high school in Arizona to receive the National Gold Council Excellence Award in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
  • Bourgade fields AIA sponsored teams in football, swimming, volleyball, basketball, soccer, wrestling, baseball, golf, chess, spiritline, softball, tennis, and track with 18% of the student body named AIA Student Athlete Scholars during the 2015-2016 school year.
  • Softball Coach, JinHee Huff, was named Division III, Section IV Coach of the Year and Sophomore softball player, Rachel Hammond, was named Division III, Section IV Player of the Year.

Christ

  • Catholic formation includes a four year Theology requirement, daily, all-school and class masses, First Friday Adoration, seasonal services for Advent and Lent, Reconciliation, Class Days of Prayer and Service, Kairos and overnight retreats.
  • Every Bourgade Catholic student performs a minimum of 20 service hours a year, volunteering in community organizations like Andre House, St. Vincent de Paul, Maggie’s Place, Feed My Starving Children, Phoenix Children’s Hospital and St. Mary’s Food Bank.
  • Over the past 17 years, Bourgade Catholic Mission Trip participants have helped build 43 homes for the less fortunate in Arizona and Mexico.

Class of 2016:

  • 98 graduates earned $10.8 million in merit scholarships
  • 2 National Merit Hispanic Scholars
  • 1 QuestBridge Scholar (to attend University of Notre Dame)

Mascot/Team Name: Golden Eagles

$0
Millions of Merit Scholarships
0%
Graduation Rate
0%
Graduates to Higher Education
0
Community Service